Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Assembly... Food for thought

Today's assembly on plagiarism, not to remind everyone that it happens EVERY morning lol. Dr Hon's definition of Plagiarism is that you take someone else's work and claims it as your own. This kind of remind me of the controvertial issue of Peer-to-peer file sharing, or for non-techies out there, Bittorrent. Large software companies like Microsoft don't like Bittorrent. They claim that it is like plagiarism. But hey, people who download games from Bittorrent don't claim the game as their own work, so whats the problem then? I'm not going to download Windows Vista and say, "hey I CODED Vista!!!". Lols... and my copy of Vista is original. Then they say that peer-to-peer file sharing is stealing, but I'm just taking a copy of it for my own personal use! An analogy would be homework. If I charge $1 everytime for every person who copies my Biology Worksheet, I would be able to retire by JC... But they are just merely using my work for their own personal use isn't it? Just like using Bittorrent? So if those big shot companies complain about losing money because of Bittorrent, I would appreciate that they send me cheque for my losses in the biology homework copying industry...

Everyone stand up against Microsoft and fight for Bittorrent!
And Sun Microsystems too for wonderful Open Office!
And Mozilla for their wonderful Mozilla Firefox browser and Thunderbird email client!
And Macintosh for pwning Microsoft!
And Steve Jobs for pwning Bill Gates!
And Mac OS for pwning Windows!
And Mac OS's security for pwning BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death)!
(BSOD* Start windows 98 to try)

And to make it clearer to Mr Bill Gates, here's a picture:
Kudos to Ting Yit for finding it!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home