Sunday, August 10, 2008

NDP 2008

This is the real one, the one at Marina Bay. I watched a few parts only lar, mostly the parade. The parade was quite spectacular, except that up close, their drill level will never match up to Ting Yit or Zhen Wei. A failed hormat here and there, and a few dropped rifles during precision drill. But hey, the audience there won't see it that close, and the far view is quite nice too. The ceremonial parade was quite zai also. The parade commander reminded me of Zhen Wei, the parade 2 IC was slightly lower ranking because he wore a beret instead of a pickcap. The overall parade quite zai, but just slightly more fanciful than our school based one lol. But we must applaude them all for the 3 months of training for this event. I was super eager to see the NPCC contingent, see if I can spot Qing Yang. Unfortuately the cameraman don't like NPCC and never took a up close shot of the NPCC contingent. The inspection of the Guard Of Honour also reminded me of our school's parade. Zhi Ming doing slow march in front of Mr Hon (Nardan in this case). The Guard Of Honour for the NDP carry real guns though, though it only fires blanks. If only our school based NDP can have 21 gun salute... *awakes into reality* So... as I was saying, the camera never got a up close shot of the NPCC contingent. Only saw the girl guides and NCC contingents during their march out of the waiting area. They also never show the marchpast of the supporting contingents, if there was even one... But hey, the spotlight is on the GOH mah... They look dam cool, all in ceremonial (aka #1) uniform, in which they look frigging smart (shuai is a word reserved for Zhen Wei)... The Navy especially with their fully white uniform (kinda like nanyang LOL). I don't like the army's pant though, the white line through the middle makes it look like trackpants -.- Also watched the paratroopers jump, though I forgot what the group was called. Got one guy smack his face on the ground during landing, poor guy had to be darn embarrassed... Anyway I skipped all the rest until the fireworks part. The fireworks was spectacular, more zai because my house can see the tip of the explosions. It also lasted dam long which means it is frigging ex also. My mom was saying like each explosion can pay for a person's university fees. I think she exaggerated it abit but I also think its quite true. Come to think of it, I'm going to do CIP tomorrow (or rather today since its after 12...) to raise funds for charity, why not just shorten the fireworks display and donate some money to charity? But then, its national pride... Such dilemas...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home