Saturday, September 13, 2008

MAF 2008

Mid-Autumn Festival 2008. The lessons before that was totally lame, nothing much to say about them... After school we (Zhen Wei, Kliven and Zhi Ming) went to SALT Centre super early to start preparations. Zhi Ming wanted to mug there, but got distracted by all sorts of stuff such as Chong We playing DotA on his laptop and Zhen Wei pumping his squad. After that we went to play street soccer and got totally thrashed by Zhen Wei and Shaun. First things that we did were to bring down tables and chairs to the SALT Centre parade square. The Logistics committee and Programs committee did not discuss which classroom to take from in the first place, so we just took some from SC2 since I know the code to the door. After that went to cover the tables with a giant piece of paper. I took one table and soloed while listening to music. I dropped my earpiece foam cover though T.T After decorating the tables which eventually made up the individual game stalls, we went to put up the lantern decorations. The coil of steel wire was super hard to manupilate and keeps getting tangled up. But eventually we managed to tie 3 lamposts together into a triangle and hang lanterns on them. Went to change out of my then sweaty uniform and then slacked around. Then Jonathan came back with a large bag of food. Almost all of the organising team ordered from him food, only I was busy hanging lanterns and got left out T.T After waiting for Zhen Wei to finish his lunch, Zhen Wei and I went to meet up with the RGS guests.

This year there are only 7 guests in total, 5 from RGS and 2 from SJI. Anyway Zhen Wei and I attended to the RGS people first. If I'm not wrong, the names of the RGS people are Du Xuan, Yun Shu, Shermaine, Jaslyne and Amelia. The last two are secondary 2 juniors of theirs. Du Xuan said that they are going to be the future chairperson / vice chairperson. Haha like that almost all that came are part of their ExCo, except Yun Shu lol XD. Still can't believe Cheryl Koh is vice chair though. So firstly we took them to the registration booth to register duh lol. Then we brought them to see our NPCC room, they were actually amazed by how big it was and how much stuff it has like the mock M16 rifles. I guess we took the things we have for granted already. After that I consulted with a worried looking Hong Kang (MAf committee chair) and decided to bring them around the school first since the games were not ready yet. The first walk around the school wasn't too scary, it was still 6+ and wasn't too dark yet. We went to places like the Borading School, the canteen, the Gym, the air rifle range, the squash courts, SC2 and Drama Centre before returning to the SALT Centre. The sec 2 juniors seem to have the wrong impression that the Drama Centre is haunted, well its the Kah Kee Hall that is.

Zhen Wei first recommeneded the RGS people to go to the stall where you guess the weight of the pomelo. Yun Shu was super funny and kept wanting to cheat. Shermaine was begging Wei Lin for hints too XD. Well they were pretty good at it, got the first one correct. After that was the 猜灯谜, Yun Shu got it correct lol, and guessing all of the questions correct you'll get Zhen Wei lol. Song dedications was superb also, alot of suggestive song titles. Shermaine and Yun Shu played along also, dedicating Romeo and Juliet from Du Xuan and friends to "all". They also went to try some of the other stalls, throwing tennis balls, making letters out of candles and shuttle run. Shermaine was super funny in the shuttle run, taking an astonishing 19.4 seconds to finish 15M. Lol, she wasn't really trying. After playing some of the games, we decided to take another night walk since it was really dark then. We brought along lanterns and light sticks for illumination, reminds me of the "went night hike" campfire song. Took them "all" (alot of other people went along other than the RGS guests) to see the clock tower. The stairs on the ground floor was uber dark and got Jaslyne scared lol. Unfortunately couldn't find the super dark stairs nor the access to the clock. After that went to see the computer labs and the art block. Again having 6 labs full of 40 computers each wowed the guests again, we took it for granted already. The art block was fun and uber dark. Too bad the windows were covered up, or else it would be fun to let them have a peek inside and let them scare themselves XD. After that went back to SALT Centre.

At the SALT Centre, Yun Shu got bored and decided to play truth or dare with the group. She was the first one to get and she chose dare. So Zhen Wei called Yuan Feng over XD. She had to say "Hi" to Yuan Feng. Why was it a "dare" I shall not comment lol. Next I tio and I chose dare also. All I had todo was shout "I am gay" into the mic. Hmm... what better of me than to pull Zhen Wei into the water also? So I shouted "Zhen Wei! I am gay!". Zhen Wei got also, but I forgot what he did... The second time I tio Zhen Wei wanted me to call Jia Yuin and say "Hi", too personal liao cannot... The SJI people also got 1 time each. One of them had to finish 3 mooncakes and the second one has to shout "I fantasize about Cheryl everynight". LOL, poor Cheryl, though Shermaine says he really does "harrass" Cheryl.

After playing truth or dare was cleanup time. Zhen Wei and I went around doing saikang and left the guests at the NPCC room. Original plan was to eat supper outside but the guests left first because they thought we were going to take a long time. Oh well nevermind, but I was still super hungry because I missed dinner. On second thought, eating outside will surely cause me to stay till after 12 and miss the last bus home. I guess it would be the same situation if Zhen Wei and I went to eat with the guests. So I went home taking 67, quite boing and fell asleep.

Super fun event!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home