Sunday, September 7, 2008

Nu Hope - Last Week

Today is last week of the NU Hope CIP, aww so sad. Arrived at 7:30AM as usual, and started pumping balloons. Zhi Ming and Zhen Wei arrived one after another and we all started pumping balloons. This week special got long balloons that can be twisted into various shapes. Chen Xu came shortly afterwards and he and I started combining long balloons into interesting shapes. Chen Xu self proclaimed to be the chief designer, although he strongly lacks artistic sense. He also doesnt know how to match colours to make nice designs lol. We made quite alot of interesting shapes together, all started when I made a ring around an orange balloon and called it Jupiter XD. (Wait... Does Jupiter have rings?) We also experimented with a few failed designs from Lin Kai, especially her flower which looked like a cactus XD. First success was at making a flower shape that actually looked like a flower. Next a ring of leaves was added. And finally a heart shaped balloon was added on top for a finishing touch. It was quite good actually, considering I've never done balloon sculpturing before i my life. Next design was quite nice also, but fails the practicality test. It started out with a supposed flower that was unfortunately of the wrong colour. Chen Xu suggested me to make it into a hat. I added a ring to sit on top of the head, and a ring across to hold the "flower" in place, and the Doraemon hat was born! Of course the most common design would be the dog shape. Some of the more failure ones would be the love design. The design consisted of 2 people kissing under a heart shape. Theoretically it would be quite nice unfortunately this time I got the colour scheme wrong. I made the heart shape out of purple colour balloon... International colour for gays... Oh wells... The rest of the day was pretty much typical, I shall separate the highlights below.

1) Yeu Jia brought her guitar
Unfortunately she only knows 8 songs XD. Although considering that she self learnt how to play guitar thats quite pro already. Multi-talented too as she learns piano.

2) Cao Yun baked for the volunteers
Cao Yun took the time and effort to bake food for us to eat. I don't know how to call it but it looks like kisses chocolates coated with chocolate on the bottom. I don't know why bottom lol, it made a mess of the container. Overall very nice, judging from the contents she poured into the batter, I guess this time would be Diabetes. Lol just joking. Appreciates her effort!

3) Lin Kai tries to learn to play the guitar
Lin Kai is very keen in learning how to play the guitar. Unfortunately she always gets the chords wrong and makes different sounds than Yeu Jia. Probably due to her lack of experience and short fingers XD. She can't even cover 3 spaces with 3 fingers XD.

4) Cao Yun on rampage
Halfway during the course of the CIP, Cao Yun suddenly started playing with the balloons and filling them up with water. I took a pump and filled a balloon with 70% air and 30% water. Cao Yun was holding it and threatening Zhen Wei. I meanwhile took a pencil and went to burst the balloon. She got erm... slightly wet XD. She then turn into rampage mode and went after me with a air pump filled with water. After dodging around for a few minuted I got bored and let her spray me.

5) 2 Little lemons
Happened before Cao Yun's rampage when she filled 2 yellow balloons with water. She filled them just enough so that it can be tied up. Hanging it from your hands and putting them side by side, they just resembles... *ahem* . In Chen Xu's hands, the lemons swaps gender...

6) Jia Yuin's balloon pops
Jia Yuin had a nicely decorated orange balloon around her bag, entrusted to Yeu Jia for caretaking. Meanwhile, Yeu Jia was mugging Physics with her friend and didn't notice the balloon flying away. It flew to near the plants there and I went to pick it up. Just when my hand is about to touch the balloon, it popped and a piece of the balloon slapped my hand super pain. Can't really help... Sorry lor... But before she came back I pumped another orange one to compensate. Cao Yun decorated it in her own style XD. Also quite funny to see Jia Yuin whine over it XD.

7) Balloon within a balloon within a balloon
In an effort by me to censor the 2 little lemons and partly from Chen Xu's ego, he challenged me to put the little lemons into another balloon. I gave up trying because my finger was cut and dam painful already. Chen Xu on the other hand stretched open another balloon and stuffed a little lemon inside. He then went on to stuff it into another balloon. I pumped up both outer layers with air and it became a balloon within a balloon within a balloon. The balloon had some wierd physics and falls super fast.

Thats basically all of the highlights and funny things that happened today. Since this is the last week for the CIP, I shall also recount some of the things that I have gotten from the CIP I have attended.

Stuff from Prism Of Colours:

Keychain ~ Most affordable merchandise XD Surely gotten more than 1. 1 hanging on my wallet; can't find the others XD.

Post-it pad ~ Of most use for its price. Got 1 under the persuasion of Kliven.

Pen ~ 2nd most useful for its price. Got 1 for donating. First thing from CIP.

Stuff from NU Hope:

Balloons ~ Supposedly have 2, but didn't take any because it would be wierd to walk around with balloons XD.

Wristbands ~ Have 1, influenced by Zhi Ming to buy 1 during one of the times at orchard. Still miss the sweet talk there XD.

Long term service awards ~ Postcards, have 2, my own and Jia Yuin's. Heard that they are going to make another set for Jia Yuin so I don't know what todo with Jia Yuin's. It says: "LONG TERM SERVICE AWARDS! Zhu Chun Qi (Attendence 5/5)". Not just full attendence, full hours too. 8AM to 6PM for 4 days and 6PM - 9PM for the night sales. Shall not comment on whats on the other side though... and why Jia Yuin's is given to me by Cao Yun...

All sorts of illnesses and discomforts ~ From Cao Yun's "motivational foods". Just joking... her "motivational foods" are ok, some are nice.

Balloonphilic ~ Addiction / love for balloons.

Stuff from both Prism Of Colours and NU Hope:

Street sales lisence ~ I got roughly 5 of them. 3 from Prism Of Colours and 2 from NU Hope. Actually I would have gotten more from NU Hope if I was more active in selling balloons XD.

Lots of new friends ~ Needless to explain.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home