Sunday, August 17, 2008

NU Hope

Today went for NU Hope again, this time its at Orchard. Was pretty doubtful about people buying balloons at orchard in the first place. Took MRT there and miraculously arrived before Zhen Wei and Zhi Ming. I don't really have the knack for judging time but this time I was just right. Then it was Zhen Wei and Zhi Ming who were late lol. I arranged for them to arrive at 7:45 AM and Zhi Ming arriving at 7:50 AM instead, with Zhen Wei taking the wrong exit resulting in 5 more minutes of delay. After meeting up with Zhen Wei and Zhi Ming, we walked from Orchard MRT to Far East Plaza, niaoing Zhi Ming the whole way though. I also was surprised when Zhi Ming said that Jia Yuin was coming, I thought she coming only next week. Arrived at Far East Plaza at 8:10 AM and saw the usual 4 organisers. I finally know all their names liao, they are: Yeu Jia, Cao Yun, Lin Kai and Jia Yin. Hope I spelt them correctly... Anyway they had a pretty good headstart and one whole table was filled up with balloons. Started pumping balloons straight away, with Jonathan Seng arriving shortly after. Then the "management" of Far East Plaza come and KP us, say cannot use the tables because it is within provate property. Forced to shift to along the pedestrian walkway. Got one funny couple went to take photos infront of the huge stack of balloons, which I thought was quite an interesting idea, since no one would be likely to see this much balloonsat one place in Orchard. I was reluctant to go sell balloons and hence helped to pump more and more balloons. Finally I gave in to Zhi Ming and the girls' persuasion and went to see balloons. Zhi Ming quite pro at selling the balloons. His method of targeting couples and children is quite effective, and the number of rejections were significantly reduced because of "natural selection". Went back to the stall at around 12:15 PM. Zhi Ming is lucky that I persuaded him to turn around and head back before 12 PM, if not we would have been caught in the huge downpour that followed shortly. When we arrived there, all the girls were frantically trying to cover the exposed balloons. Just my opinion, Jia Yuin and Yi Jung were very high and noisy lol. Went around and help to stick the rain ponchos onto the balloons. Quite an irony since they were obviously meant for us. The rain was quite heavy and most of the bags "着凉" according to Jia Yuin lol and poor Jonathan's homework was all wet. After the rain I continued to pump balloons, until the organisers felt that theres too many balloons. Since the balloons were wet, they were easily dirtied when they fell on the ground and I got the "glamorous" job of cleaning balloons. LOL. Cao Yun also offered us Toblerone as snacks. I know she meant good but she always seem to give us snacks that are either hard to eat, or totally inedible. Examples such as last week's tissue paper and seaweed and this weeks totally melted toblerone. Yuan Feng also got to "kiss" Yeu Jia according to Cao Yun, who said that Yeu Jia took a bite directly into the whole Toblerone bar. Oh my, Katherine will be so jealous / pissed... I was kind of smart and took a piece after breaking a piece off for Yuan Feng. Unfortunately the piece I took was slightly large and it was melting in my hands. Kliven went on to invent a sick joke that the Toblerone looks like shit and that eating it will cause constipation / diarrhea. Ironic ar... Both constipation and diarrhea at the same time... Then Cao Yun and Lin Kai see I so "可怜" eating the Toblerone and that she slightly believed in Kliven's words, told me to throw it away. I did but was slightly guilty since Cao Yun said the whole bar costs $10 plus. Its also imported from Australia according to her. The whole day I was in charge of looking after the place, a small little gap under the overhead bridge, which I really didn't mind because it was next to Sweet Talk. There was one time I was sitting there with Cao Yun and Lin Kai and Cao Yun was talking about her parents I think, I wasn't paying much attention but then Cao Yun whacked Lin Kai on the head with a balloons which was dam funny. Another time I was alone manning the stall. A group of 4 NYGH volunteers came back and wanted to take a break, then suddenly this security guy come and KP, saying that his manager is about to come and that we need to shift. I panic and since my handphone died on me, I panicked even more lol. Luckily I spotted Jia Yuin and her group of volunteers just down the road. I went to them and asked them to try and contact the organisers. The organisers didn't pickup, so I went back to the place and panic more. Finally after like 15 minutes then they arrive and they told me that the security guard was a scam -.- Major skip to going home time... Just when we were about to go home another heavy downpour... So the whole group was talking about umbrellas, share with who and stuff. They don't really seem to mind that their bags are getting wet -.- Even though my property is not at stake since I didn't bring a bag, I was kind enough to help save their bags. Zhen Wei's krumpler, Yuan Feng's krumpler, the organisers' "imitation krumpler" and Jia Yuin's gangs' bags. The funny thing is, the group discuss for so long that the rain had died down and is "safe" enough to walk without umbrella. Kliven was kind of "scared" of rain and still used his umbrella lol. This sort of thing is what Zhen Wei picks upon to niao you. After that went to take MRT with Kliven and Yuan Feng. When the MRT about to come liao Yeu Jia and Cao Yun appeared, carrying with them the day's collection cans in the trolley. Yuan Feng then left us to take the MRT with the girls instead, giving no reason to his sudden departure. One can only guess that he went to "help" the girls. Added with the fact that the MRT was jam packed, one can guess that Yuan Feng had a great time.

Oh and China just won the gold medal in table tennis. One needs 1% brain power to come to that prediction. However, Singapore put up a good fight and deserves some recognition too.

[Quote from Cao Yun's blog
Went home with Jung, Yeujia and Jiayuin. And omg I witnessed the cutest love story ever (xD) in which Jiayuin got Yuanfeng to help her get a stranded lolly on some vacant MRT seat (XD) Haha hilarious man! I couldn't stop laughing at the embarrassment :D
[/Quote]]

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home